After YSRCP and TDP members fought, there was tension in the town of Andhra.

Hyderabad On Monday night, workers from the ruling YSR Congress party and the opposition Telugu Desam Party fought. On Tuesday, the town of Gannavaram in the Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh, near Vijayawada, was tense.

The TDP called for “Chalo Gannavaram” on Tuesday to protest what they say was an attack on the local TDP office by YSRCP workers on Monday night.

Images released by the party showed that YSRCP workers trashed the TDP office, broke furniture, and set fire to one of the cars of Donthu Srinu, the local leader of the TDP.

In his complaint to Director General of Police K V Rajendranath Reddy, TDP president and former chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu said that the police did nothing when YSRCP workers vandalised property and attacked TDP workers violently.

Naidu said that local legislator Vallabhaneni Vamsi, who switched from the TDP to the YSRCP in 2019, was behind the attacks on the TDP office. He said that when TDP workers tried to hold a protest rally, the police arrested them right away.

Under Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code, Gannavaram has been given a “prohibitory order,” which means that no rallies or demonstrations will be allowed. This was said by P Joshua, who is in charge of police in the Krishna district. “Strong actions will be taken against anyone who tries to mess with the law and order,” he said.

Joshua said that TDP official spokesman Kommareddy Pattabhi was to blame for the violence. He said that his rude and careless comments about the MLA and YSRCP caused law and order to break down.

The SP said that cases were filed against TDP leaders under different laws because they were behind attacks on the police that hurt Gannavaram police inspector Kanaka Rao.

Joshua said that the police were looking at the closed-circuit TV footage of the attack on the TDP office and would file a case on their own against those who took part in the attack.

Thirteen TDP leaders who were going to Gannavaram as part of the Chalo Gannavaram call were stopped by the police. Pattabhi was taken into custody by the police on Monday night, and he went to court on Tuesday evening. He was taken into custody by the court.

The police said that cases had been filed against more than 60 TDP leaders, including Pattabhi, under Sections 143 (illegal assembly), 147 (rioting), 341 (wrongful restraining), 333 (voluntarily causing hurt), 353 (assault on public servant to stop him from doing his job), 307 (attempt to murder), 448 (trespassing), 506 (criminal intimidation), and 509 (insulting the modesty of a woman) of

The trouble started on Sunday when Pattabhi accused Vamsi and another MLA, Kodali Nani, in a press release of being part of a multi-crore marketing scam. He asked for a look into what the two MLAs had to do with the scam.

This led to protests by Vamsi’s supporters, who attacked the TDP office with violence on Monday evening.

Related Posts

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button