Andaman’s former CS was interrogated for the second day on charges of gang rape

The former chief secretary of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Jitendra Narayan, was questioned for the second consecutive day on Saturday concerning the alleged gang rape of a 21-year-old woman.

A Special Investigation Team( SIT) of the Andaman and Nicobar Police started questioning the elderly officer at the Police Lines in Port Blair at around 11 am.

The interrogation continued for further than six hours.

Narayan was brought to the Police Lines compound from the rear gate to escape the protesters. This practice was followed on Friday, and protesters held placards and protested at the main entrance.

The probe team was set up to probe allegations that the woman was taken to the chief secretary’s residence on the promise of a government job and then raped by top officials, including Narayan.

Labour manager RL Rishi was also indicted of violating the woman, while a police inspector and hostel proprietor were named associates in the FIR crime.
On Friday, the SIT also questioned the police inspector.

Narayan is being kept in a private resort then. Elderly officers arrived then to face interrogation following the order of the Calcutta High Court.

The FIR was registered on October 1 when Narayan was posted as the president and managing director of the Delhi Financial Corporation. The government suspended him with immediate effect on October 17.

The woman said that since her father and mammy didn’t watch for her fiscal requirements, she demanded a job, and some people introduced her to the labour manager as he was close to the principal clerk.

She claimed in the FIR that the principal clerk appointed” 800 campaigners” to colourful departments in the islets’ administration” grounded on recommendation only” and without any” formal interview”.

The woman alleges that she was allured to the principal clerk’s house on the rationale of a government job and ravished there on April 14 and May 1.
A holiday bench of the Calcutta High Court comprising Justice Bibek Choudhary and Justice Prasenjit Biswas has granted interim protection against arrest to Narayan, which the Circuit Bench will decide at Port Blair on November 14, which is the first date for sitting after Durga.

The court also said that Narayan, who was transferred to Delhi on July 21, has declared that he’s ready and willing to cooperate in the discourse.

Narayan’s house was raided on October 18 by a joint platoon of police officers from Andaman and Nicobar islets and Delhi, following which he filed an operation before the Delhi High Court for anticipant conveyance bail.

A single bench of the Delhi High Court granted interim protection from arrest to Narayan till October 28.

Related Posts

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button