We will provide a comprehensive guide on how to hide the participants of a WhatsApp group. This will allow you to control who can see the members in your group chat.
Why Hide WhatsApp Group Participants?
There are a few key reasons you may want to hide the participants in your WhatsApp group:
- Privacy – If your group discusses sensitive topics, you may not want everyone to know who is part of the conversation. Hiding participants protects members’ privacy.
- Control group access – By hiding members, you can vet who is allowed to join the chat. This prevents unauthorized people from entering.
- Avoid distractions – Seeing a long list of participants can distract from the purpose of the group. Hiding members creates a more focused experience.
- Stop unwanted invites – Participants you hide won’t be able to re-add you to other groups without your permission. Great for avoiding spam.
How to Hide WhatsApp Group Participants
There are two ways to hide the members of your WhatsApp group on both Android and iOS devices:
Method 1: Hide Participants from Group Info
- Open the WhatsApp group and tap on the group name to access the Group Info screen.
- Tap on the list showing the number of Participants below the group name.
- This will open the list of participants. Tap the menu ≡ icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Hide Participants” to remove the list of members from the Group Info screen.
Method 2: Hide Participants by Default
You can set your WhatsApp groups to always hide participants:
- Go to WhatsApp Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Under “Groups,” toggle on “Hide Participants.”
- New groups you create will now default to hiding members.
Confirming Participants are Hidden
To check if participants are hidden for a specific group:
- Go to the Group Info screen.
- The “Participants” option should show “Only you.”
If it lists the number of participants, then members are still visible. Follow the steps above to hide them.
Allowing Admins to See Participants
By default, hiding participants means only admins can view members. To give a non-admin access:
- Go to Group Info > Participants.
- Tap the menu ≡ icon beside the member you want to allow.
- Choose “Make Group Admin” so they can see participants.
Hiding the participants in your WhatsApp groups helps protect privacy, control access, avoid distractions, and stop unwanted invites. Use the Group Info screen or default privacy settings to easily hide members on both Android and iPhone. Just be sure to make other admins if you want particular members to still view participants.