In UP, a fire breaks out in a Durga Puja pandal and kills 3 people and injures 64

A halogen light overheated in a Durga Puja pandal here on Monday, causing a fire that killed three people and injured 64, officials said.

There were 300-400 people in the pandal when the fire broke out on Sunday night during a digital show. There was nothing left of the pandal, they said.

Narthua village, a stone’s throw from Aurai police station, was engulfed in flames on Sunday around 9.30 pm, according to District Magistrate Gaurang Rathi.

In the fire, 67 people were injured, and three of them died – Ankush Soni (12), Jaya Devi (45) and Naveen (10). According to him, three of the injuries are serious.

It’s all been identified, and the police and district administration has a list, he said, adding that the majority of people were women and kids.

An electric wire caught fire at multiple points simultaneously as a result of a halogen light overheating at the pandal. Rathi stated that the fire quickly engulfed both the wooden scaffolding and the tent.

A special investigation team, headed by Additional Director General Ram Kumar, determined the cause of the fire, according to the DM.

An FIR has been filed at the Aurai police station, according to Superintendent of Police Anil Kumar.

According to the officials, the Durga Puja was organized by the Ekta Club Pooja Samiti.

A tweet from the office of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath expressed condolences for the loss of life in the incident.

According to the Chief Minister’s Officer, Adityanath has told officials to treat the injured properly.

Related Posts

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button